Financial Matters on Divorce
The wrong advice regarding the financial issues of your divorce may have a significant effect on your and, if relevant, your children's future.
In the vast majority of cases when people are divorcing, there will be financial matters that require resolution. We recognise that this is a difficult and stressful time for everyone involved. In our experience, the most common questions that our clients ask in such situations are:
- What is going to happen to the family home?
- Will I have enough money to re-house the children and myself?
- Am I entitled to any interest in my spouse's pension?
- Am I entitled to any maintenance for myself?
- What payments should I be receiving by way of child maintenance?
- Will we get a Clean Break?
- What is going to happen to the business?
There are of course many other questions that also need to be asked and answered.
It is extremely important to remember that any decisions made or agreements entered into are going to have an impact on your standard of housing, general lifestyle, future security and possibly even effect your long term plans including your retirement.
It is essential that you get the right advice at the outset of your case. At Paul Ireland Solicitors we have over 20 years of experience in dealing with the financial issues on divorce.
We offer reliable advice at a cost that you can afford.